Floor lamps are a popular choice in homes for adding extra light and décor. Ikea is a well-known retailer of affordable, stylish home furnishings. If you have an Ikea floor lamp, but don’t know how to disassemble it, this blog post is for you! In this guide, we will walk you through the process of disassembling your Ikea floor lamp. We hope you find it helpful!
So let’s start:
How To Disassemble Ikea Floor Lamp?
– Philip head screwdriver
– Flat head screwdriver
– Hammer (optional)
- Unplug the lamp from the power source and remove any light bulbs. Be careful when handling the light bulbs, as they can break easily.
- Use a Philip head screwdriver to remove the four screws that hold the lamp shade in place. The screws are located on the inside of the lamp shade, so you may need to use a mirror to see them.
- Carefully remove the lamp shade. There may be a wire frame inside the shade that is attached to the bulb socket – if this is the case, gently detach it and set it aside.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to remove the two screws that hold the base of the lamp in place. These screws are located on the underside of the base.
- Gently pull the base away from the rest of the lamp. You may need to use a hammer to lightly tap on the base if it is stuck.
- The final step is to remove the cord from the lamp. To do this, unscrew the knob on the side of the lamp (this may be located on the top or bottom, depending on the model). Once the knob is removed, you should be able to pull the cord through and out of the lamp.
And that’s it! You’ve now successfully disassembled your Ikea floor lamp. With a little bit of patience and some basic tools, it’s actually quite easy to take apart. So next time you need to move houses or replace a broken piece, don’t be afraid to take your lamps apart – you can do it!
How do I disassemble an Ikea floor lamp?
Ikea floor lamps are designed to be easily disassembled for transport or storage. To disassemble your lamp, first remove the shade by unscrewing the knob at the top of the stem. Next, unscrew the base from the stem. Finally, remove the light bulb and unscrew the socket from the stem. Your lamp is now ready to be transported or stored.
What tools do I need to disassemble an Ikea floor lamp?
You will need a Phillips head screwdriver to disassemble your lamp.
Can I reuse my Ikea floor lamp after I disassemble it?
Yes, you can reuse your lamp after disassembling it. Simply screw the base back onto the stem, screw in the light bulb, and reattach the shade. Your lamp will be as good as new!